There are various vehicles that engineers can use to travel, and transport items. Like buildings, vehicles can be painted any color. There are no new planned vehicles for the future, and there are no further unconfirmed vehicles. There is no cap on the number of vehicles in the world. Engineers can be hit by vehicles.
Consommation de carburant
Vehicles require fuel items to operate and are not picky as to what qualifies as fuel different fuel items are consumed at different rates based on what item is used as well as which vehicle. the truck consumes more than the tractor below is a table of how far a tractor can travel by consuming one item
|fuel item||distance in M|
|Éclat de charge*||1000000|
* Les éclats de charge peuvent être utilisés comme carburant, mais comme il y a un nombre fixe de limaces et que l'éclat sera irrécupérable si le tracteur est déconstruit, l'éclat est perdu à jamais une fois utilisé comme carburant...
Vehicle tech can be unlocked via various means, including the discovery of new resources.
Engineers can enter and exit vehicles via "E" the enter vehicle hotkey. When piloting a vehicle, the camera switches to third-person perspective. There are currently unknown features which will allow performing stunts. Vehicles cannot be upgraded. Some small foliage can be destroyed when run into by a vehicle. In addition, the Tractors can destroy some smaller trees which Trucks cannot.
The Truck and The Explorer can both drift. The pilot can activate drifting to allow for tighter, sliding turns, similar to a handbrake, to give greater control.
Dégâts de chute
Engineer can receive fall damage in a vehicle if the vehicle fall from height. This results the engineer to be thrown away from the vehicle. To avoid damage, the engineer can exit the vehicle just before reaching the ground. Alternatively, an engineer falling from height with the vehicle at the lower ground can avoid the fall damage by entering the vehicle just before hitting the ground.
Vehicles are immune to fall damage.
Dégâts du feu
Vehicles can receive minor damage when hit by Spitter's fireball attacks.
By holding C, the Self driving menu hotkey, while piloting a vehicle, an Engineer can perform various actions allowing for vehicle automation, such as recording a path, and enabling autopilot. Vehicles only drive on their own when not piloted by an engineer.
Wheeled vehicles such as Tractors and Trucks can be automated using the self driving menu by recording a path. When recording, waypoints (displayed as blue triangles) are placed periodically along the vehicle path.
The automation uses waypoints for pathing: It seems to be a point to point system, which means vehicles will always face the current waypoint until they reach it to target the next waypoint.
Self driving requires a clear straight path between waypoints and a closed loop of waypoints to work optimally. If a vehicle collides with an obstacle (including another vehicle), it will reverse and adjust its course, but vehicles will not actively avoid each-other.
Electric Locomotives can be automated using the self driving menu.
An automated path for trains can be created by adding Train Stations to the stop-list. Each stop can be assigned a stop duration, before the train moves on.
- "as for vehicles, honestly not many are needed. all the vehicles we have are for very practical reasons and they basically cover any reason you would need a vehicle" - Jace on discord
- "we have currently shown all vehicles" - Jace on discord
- "no there isnt varrili" - Jace on discord when asked "Is there a cap of how many vehicles a player can have?" by Varrili
- "you can run over people :smile:" - Jace on discord
- "ive already added some secret features to the vehicles that i didnt share that will facilitate stunts" - Jace on discord
- "not at the moment" - Jace on discord when asked "Is there plans to have these vehicles be upgradeable?"
- "if they run into stuff they try and fix themselves eg. reverse away etc" - Jace on discord