|Has to be built on a Geyser. Generates power.|
Caution: Power production fluctuates.
Impure 50-150 MW (100 MW average)
Normal 100-300 MW (200 MW average)
Pure 200-600 MW (400 MW average)
|Открывается в||Caterium Research - Geothermal Generator|
The Geothermal Generator is a power generator building that generates 100-600 MW of power when built on top of a Geyser. It requires no additional input
The power output of Geothermal Generators fluctuates and is affected by the purity of the Geyser.
Both unlocks are in the same research node.
|Строительный пистолет||Caterium Research - Geothermal Generator|
The power output of a Geothermal Generator fluctuates between 0.5 and 1.5 times of its average power generation. The average generation is determined by the Geyser purity:
|Impure||3||50-150 MW||100 MW|
|Normal||9||100-300 MW||200 MW|
|Pure||6||200-600 MW||400 MW|
|Total||18||2250-6750 MW||4500 MW|
Geothermal Generators cannot be overclocked.
- Geothermal Generators can be built on Geysers completely covered by Foundations. The Geyser's steam eruption however has to be visible above the foundation.
- Most Geysers are concentrated in the northern part of the map.
- Each Geyser shoots out hot steam about every 20 seconds. The pioneer is not damaged by this hot steam.
- Geysers are the only resource node that do not produce any items or fluids.
- Patch 0.4.0.0:
- Geothermal Generators no longer have priority over other generators
- Geysers now have purity
- The power output of Geothermal Generators is now dependent on Geyser purity and fluctuates
- The Geothermal Generator GUI is now finished and functions properly
- Unknown patch between Patch 0.3.7 and Patch 0.3.8.0: Renamed from Geo Thermal Generator to Geothermal Generator
- Patch 0.3.3.1: Fixed a bug where some Geysers were still not usable
- Patch 0.3.3.0: Geothermal Generators should be buildable on Geysers again
- Patch 0.3.2.0: Updated and optimized the Geyser idle and burst VFX
- Patch 0.3: Geysers now show just "Geyser" instead of "Geyser cannot be picked up! (Normal)" when approached
- Patch 0.2.1.19: Geyser placement issue in Desert Canyons resulting in ‘Floor is too steep’ when trying to build should be fixed
- Patch 0.1.5: Changed build cost from 25 Cable, 4 Heavy Modular Frame, and 20 Rubber to 30 Cable, 8 Heavy Modular Frame, and 50 Rubber
- Patch 0.1.10: Fixed an invalid Geyser