|Burns various forms of biomass to generate electricity for the power grid. Has no input and must therefore be fed biomass manually.|
Resource consumption will automatically be lowered to meet power demands.
|Unlocked at||Tier 0 - HUB Upgrade 6|
|Power Generated||30 MW|
|Fuel||Leaves, Flower Petals, Wood, Mycelia, Biomass, Solid Biofuel, Packaged Liquid Biofuel, Alien Carapace, Alien Organs, Fabric|
|“||A factory needs power, and power needs a generator. In comes the biomass generator, cleaning up your lawn, and building a better world in one fell swoop!||„|
|~ Caterina Parks's assistant Steve|
The Biomass Burner is a power generator building that generates power by burning various biomass items. These materials can be gathered from trees, shrubs, and most flora and fauna found in the world. Later these raw materials can be refined into Biomass and Solid Biofuel for higher fuel efficiency.
A standalone Biomass Burner produces 30 MW at 100% clock speed. The HUB has up to two different, smaller Biomass Burners attached to it, added by completing HUB Upgrades 1 and 5 respectively. These Biomass Burners only produce 20 MW, but also burn fuel 1.5 times slower.
The fuel consumption of Biomass Burners scales to power demand, unlike other generators. This also renders them unable to charge Power Storages.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Fuel consumption[edit | edit source]
Energy is given in MJ. 1 MJ provides 1 MW of power for one second or 30 MW of power (1 Biomass Burner at 100% load) for 0.033 seconds.
|Fuel Type||Fuel Value
|Packaged Liquid Biofuel||750||25.00s||-||-||-||5.00s||13.64s||10.00s||8.33s||-||-|
|Packaged Heavy Oil Residue||400||-||-||-||-||2.67s||7.27s||5.33s||4.44s||-||-|
|Uranium Fuel Rod||750000||-||-||-||300.00s
(1h 23m 20s)
(3h 47m 16s)
(2h 46m 40s)
(2h 18m 53s)
|Plutonium Fuel Rod||1500000||-||-||-||600.00s
(2h 46m 40s)
(7h 34m 32s)
(5h 33m 20s)
(4h 37m 46s)
As with all other fuel-burning generators (until), if power consumption is not 100%, the resource consumption is automatically lowered, that is, each item burns for a longer time ( ).
Conversion[edit | edit source]
Most fuel types can be crafted into a higher tier fuel type, increasing their energy.
- Input energy: Refers to the total energy of the items that go into one crafting process
- Output energy: Refers to the total energy of the items that come out of one crafting process
- Energy multiplier: How much energy is gained by crafting it into the next tier item.
|Input Fuel||Input energy (MJ)||Output fuel||Output energy (MJ)||Energy multiplier|
|10 × Leaves||150||5 × Biomass||900||6|
|4 × Wood||400||20 × Biomass||3600||9|
|10 × Mycelia||200||10 × Biomass||1800||9|
|1 × Alien Carapace||250||100 × Biomass||18,000||72|
|1 × Alien Organs||250||200 × Biomass||36,000||144|
|8 × Biomass||1,440||4 × Solid Biofuel||1800||1.25|
This means it is always worth processing biomass items.
Semi-automation[edit | edit source]
Each Constructor crafting the following recipe can be used to sustain the following number of Biomass Burners:
Biomass Burners supported
|Biomass (Leaves)||6 (3)|
|Biomass (Wood)||30 (6)|
The values in brackets are limits due to the throughput of Mk.1 Conveyors.
Overclocking[edit | edit source]
- The Biomass Burner, like all power generation buildings, behaves differently to power consumer buildings when overclocked. A generator overclocked to 250% only operates 202.4% faster.
- As the biomass consumption rate is directly proportional to generator power production, verify that demand matches the production capacity to ensure that Power Shards are used to their full potential. Fuel efficiency is unchanged, but consumption and power generation rates may be unexpectedly uneven.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Biomass Burner, like all power generating buildings, behaves differently from other buildings when overclocked. See Clock Speed for more info.
- Building more Biomass Burners than necessary means the fuel consumption will be split among all of them, therefore all of them will have to be refueled less frequently.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.3.0:
- Production time tooltip should now display correctly on Generators
- Power Shards can now properly be inserted in Generators
- Patch 0.2.1.13: Fixed issue with biomass burner not rendering at times
- Patch 0.1.8: Biomass burners now show the correct name in their menu
- Patch Closed Alpha 3: Moved Biomass Burner from Tier 1-1 to Hub Upgrade 5
- Patch Closed Alpha 2: Generators now display their stats in the Generator Menu.
See also[edit | edit source]