Additionally, its resource scanner is unlocked in the Tier 6 milestone Expanded Power Infrastructure.
Caterium Ore can be harvested by hand (default E) in trace amounts from resource deposits scattered across the world, or from inexhaustible resource nodes on which Miners can be constructed to extract automatically. Additonally, Lizard Doggos will ocassionally bring it when tamed.
- Items produced per minute
Number of Caterium Ore resource nodes is as follows:
|Mk.3 mining rate|
at 250 %
|Total||16||5760||11040* / 14400|
|Caterium Research - Caterium Ingots|
|Tier 5 - Oil Processing|
Caterium Research - Caterium
Blocked Caterium nodes
Certain Caterium Ore nodes are blocked by cracked boulders that need to be detonated with a Nobelisk before a Miner can be placed on them. However, Portable Miners can be placed between and around those boulders.
- Caterium is named after Caterina Parks, the CEO of FICSIT Inc.
- It very likely replaced gold before the game entered closed alpha, as gold was mentioned in a dev highlight but was never seen in-game.
- It is named OreGold internally, Caterium Ingots GoldIngot, which, in addition, used to have gold purity markings on them, until an Update 3 patch.
- Stockpiling ~500 Caterium Ore is highly recommended at the beginning of the game, which is enough to unlock Zipline, Blade Runners, and +6 Pocket Dimension for early exploration.
- Patch 0.3.4.9: Reverted to the old mesh as of 0.3.4.7, improved icon readability
- Patch 0.3.4.7: New mesh and icon introduced
- Patch 0.2.1.19: New mesh and icon introduced