The FICSIT Factory Cart™ (sometimes just Factory Cart or Golf Cart) is a vehicle used to transport pioneers within factories. Its special Grip Wheels ensure swift speedup and braking at the cost of insane drift on uneven surfaces (despite the description only claiming Foundation-the only grip, the wheels work on all pioneer-built structures, such as buildings, Walkways, Conveyor Belts, Pipelines, etc.).
Unlike any other vehicle, it doesn't require any fuel. It has a single inventory slot and can be automated, as it disposes with self-driving and is normally detected by Truck Stations.
The Golden Factory Cart becomes available in the AWESOME Shop after sinking a "Employee of the Planet" Cup in the AWESOME Sink. Which effectively requires the pioneer to have completed phase 4 of the Space Elevator. This is referenced in it's description, "[...]Sinker of Cups, Employee of the Planet[...]"
|Equipment Workshop||AWESOME Shop - FICSIT Factory Cart™|
|Equipment Workshop||AWESOME Shop - Golden FICSIT Factory Cart™|
How to get a Factory Cart:
- Unlock its blueprint at the AWESOME Shop for 10 Coupons.
- Craft it at the Equipment Workshop.
- Drag / Double- / ⇧ Shift + to equip in hand.
- to place it on the ground.
- Interact (default E) it to ride.
- Riding in a Factory Cart is slightly faster than running with Blade Runners. (55 km/h vs 48 km/h)
- The Factory Cart has a shorter hitbox than a standing pioneer, making it somewhat useful for traversing in a congested area. (1.5 m high vs 1.8 m high)
- Although a vehicle health bar is displayed when riding the cart, it is impossible to damage the Factory Cart by any means.
When getting out of the cart and getting back in, only the light will stay on (the siren won't be heard).
- When riding, the upper part of the door will never be fully closed and will stay folded down, dangling outside.
- Pioneers in Factory Cart are immune to fall damage and Radiation damage but not poison damage.
- Truck Stations will load fuel into the cart, which depletes very quickly with no bonus. Its fuel slot cannot be accessed from its inventory.
- When the Factory Cart is tipped, exit the car and interact E with it to flip it back to an upright position.
- Even when driving the Factory Cart in a straight line, it tends to turn right after some distance.
- Driving backward in the cart is actually highly stable on rough terrain, though it tops out at only 25 km/h.
- Sometimes when interacting with the Factory Cart, its UI title will display 'Puny Vroom'.
- Occasionally when deploying the cart, it will say in a robotic voice "More than meets the eye."
- It is called Golf Cart internally.
- When the Factory Cart is in hand, it will make the same popping sounds as the Portable Miner.
- Even when the Cart is being assembled after being put down, you can ride it while it's being assembled. This will show the engineer floating on nothing for a moment.
- Despite the fact it cannot be built with the Build Gun, the Factory Cart can be dismantled with the Build Gun.
- Patch 0.5.0.0:
- Introduced Golden Factory Cart.
- Patch 0.3.2.0:
- Adjusted the speed to be slightly faster than the Blade Runners (previous speed was 40 km/h)
- Now has a crafting time of 10
- Patch 0.3.1.0:
- Tweaked air control and collision
- Now has correct interaction text
- Can no longer be picked up when it is being driven
- Fixed a FOV issue
- Camera position no longer follows when the Cart flips
- Now returns its inventory on Dismantle
- Patch 0.3: Introduced Factory Cart