|This article is outdated. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
It has to be attached to a Train Station to work and only snaps to it (alongside other platforms). It has two inputs and two outputs and 48 slots for Solid Freight Platforms or 2 400 m3 for Fluid Freight Platforms, which is 1.5× the capacity of a single Freight Car.
Loading and unloading
- No manual interactions with the Freight Platform and the Freight Cars are allowed during automatic loading/unloading of the cargo.
- The only exception is if the Freight platforms have nothing to load or unload
- All belts connected to a freight platform are paused for the 25-seconds during loading and unloading.
- Partial loading/unloading occurs if either the receiving freight car or the receiving freight platform is partially filled.
- No partial loading/unloading if the remaining space is less than a stack of items. For example, if the freight platform left half a stack of iron ore before filled, there will still be no unloading from the freight car.
Each of the following loading/unloading animations takes 25 seconds:
- Full loading: The 20T crane hoists the container up from the freight platform and puts it onto the low loader freight car.
- Partial loading: The 20T crane hoists the entire storage module up from the freight platform and hovers it over the freight car. The doors below the module open and the contents flow from the module to the freight car container. The storage module is then put back to the freight platform.
- While the platform storage module is being lifted, the pioneer can walk on the shelf where it normally rests. This is dangerous since the pioneer can be trapped there when the module is returned.
- Full unloading: The 20T crane hoists up the container from the freight car and puts it into the freight platform.
- Partial unloading: The 20T crane hoists up the container from the freight car and hovers it over the freight platform's storage module. The doors below the container open and the contents flow from the container to the storage module. The container is then placed back on the freight car.
In all cases, the animation is complete only after the crane moves back to its original position. Continue reading: Train Station#Docking
- A Freight Platform consumes power only when loading or unloading a Freight Car and consumes only 0.1 MW otherwise.
- A Fluid Freight Platform requires a connected powered Train Station to receive and/or output fluid.
The maximum throughput of a single train can be calculated in stacks/min or fluid m3/min using the following values:
- Total round-trip duration of the train
- Amount of Freight Cars
- Storage capacity of each Freight Car (currently 32 stacks or 1600 m3)
Then, the equation is:
E.g. for a train of three carriages that completes the round trip in five minutes:
stacks per minute or m3 per minute.
For more detailed info see the section on throughput on the Electric Locomotive page linked above.
Fluid Freight Platforms apply head lift differently than any other building:
- The bottom output applies a head lift of 10 meters and an actual head lift of 12 meters measured from the platform base (the platform is one meter tall).
- The top output, placed four meters above the bottom output, applies a head lift of 14 meters and an actual head lift of 16 meters measured from the platform base.
Head lift is applied regardless of the Freight Platform's load/unload setting. The generated head lift does not depend on its remaining fluid content, this means it can easily empty itself to Fluid Buffers located at the same level.
Fluid Freight Platforms do not generate opposing head lift when being filled up, and thus a fluid source can easily fill them up as long as the pipe inlet level of the Fluid Platform is within the source's head lift. As such, it is advised to always use its lower pipe inlet first, followed by the upper inlet if the desired input rate is higher than a single pipe can handle.
- Patch 0.3.4.16: Fixed too large Track clearance
- Patch 0.3.4.15: Integrated Station Track should no longer rotate separately from the main building
- Patch 0.3.4.14: Icon updated
- Patch 0.3.4.13:
- Added a few more details to the meshes
- Now does the partial load animation when applicable instead of triggering the wrong animation and clipping containers through each other
- Conveyor Belts and Pipes now connect properly and no longer leave a gap when reconnecting
- Patch 0.3.4.12: Added new meshes
- Patch 0.3.4.6: Now state the correct capacity in their description
- Patch 0.3.4.0:
- Increased capacity of Fluid Freight Platforms from 500 to 2400 m3
- Performance improvements
- Patch 0.3.2.0: Changed name from Freight Platform Fluid to Fluid Freight Platform, updated UI
- Patch 0.3.1.1: Increased capacity of Fluid Freight Platforms from 50 to 500 m3 (properly implemented)
- Patch 0.3.1.0:
Increased capacity of Fluid Freight Platforms from 50 to 500 m3(announced but not actually implemented)
- Patch 0.3:
- Introduced Fluid Freight Platform
- Clients can now access inventories
- Patch 0.2.1.14: Fixed ladder collision
- Patch 0.1.19:
- Updated animations and visuals
- Changed input/outputs of Freight Platforms
- Patch 0.1.17 build 101353:
- Now can be dismantled again
- Shift-click support for the inventory implemented
- Now stops if a power outage occurs, and resumes when powered up again
- Patch 0.1.17: Freight station in the middle of animation work
- Patch 0.1.16: Made the Freight Platform available