|Consumes Fuel to generate electricity for the power grid.|
Has a Pipe input so the Fuel supply can be automated.
Caution: Always generates at the set clockspeed. Shuts down if fuel requirements are not met.
|Unlocked at||Tier 6 - Expanded Power Infrastructure|
|Power Generated||150 MW|
|Fuel||Fuel, Liquid Biofuel, Turbofuel|
|Dimensions (Area 400 m2)|
One Fuel Generator produces 150 MW at 100% clock speed.
Fuel energy values[edit | edit source]
Fuel (750 MJ/m3)[edit | edit source]
|Clock speed||Burn time (sec)||Fluid per minute||Output MW|
Note: Italic values are based on calculations and not actual in game values.
Liquid Biofuel (750 MJ/m3)[edit | edit source]
|Clock speed||Burn time (sec)||Fluid per minute|
Turbofuel (2,000 MJ/m3)[edit | edit source]
|Clock speed||Burn time (sec)||Fluid per minute|
Generators per node[edit | edit source]
A single Crude Oil node, using only the original Crude Oil to Fuel recipe, can support the following number of Fuel Generators operating at peak capacity (decimal amounts of machines mean that the clock speed of the last machine needs to be adjusted for maximum efficiency):
|Crude Oil/min||Refineries||Fuel/min||Polymer Resin
|Gross power output*|
|Impure||60 m3||1||40 m3||30||3.333||500 MW|
|Normal||120 m3||2||80 m3||60||6.667||1000 MW|
|Pure||240 m3||4||160 m3||120||13.333||2000 MW|
|Overclock to 150 m3**||150 m3||2.5||100 m3||75||8.333||1250 MW|
|Overclock to 300 m3***||300 m3||5||200 m3||150||16.667||2500 MW|
|Overclock to 600 m3****||600 m3||10||400 m3||300||33.333||5000 MW|
- * Net power capacity is less due to the Oil Extractor and Refineries consuming power
- ** This is either an impure node at 250% or normal at 125%
- *** This is either a normal node at 250% or pure at 125%, the limit of Mk.1 Pipelines
- **** This is a pure node at 250%, the limit of Mk.2 Pipelines
Fuel production can be greatly expanded by making use of Alternate:Diluted Fuel, even more when combined with Alternate:Heavy Oil Residue. Using both of these recipes together exactly quadruples Fuel production, at the cost of adding 2.667 Blenders and 1 Water Extractor per 10 Fuel Generators.
|Node purity||Crude Oil/min||Heavy Oil Residue Refineries||Heavy Oil Residue/min||Polymer Resin byproduct/min||Water Extractors||Fuel Blenders||Fuel/min||Number of Fuel Generators||Gross power output|
|Impure||60 m3||2||80||40||1.333||1.6||160||13.333||2 GW|
|Normal||120 m3||4||160||80||2.667||3.2||320||26.667||4 GW|
|Pure||240 m3||8||320||160||5.333||6.4||640*||53.333||8 GW|
|Overclock to 150 m3||150 m3||5||200||100||3.333||4||400||33.333||5 GW|
|Overclock to 300 m3||300 m3||10||400||200||6.667||8||800*||66.667||10 GW|
|Overclock to 600 m3||600 m3||20||800*||400||13.333||16||1600*||133.333||20 GW|
- *Requires multiple Mk2 pipelines
Overview[edit | edit source]
If Turbofuel is being used, number of Fuel Generators required is:
The fluid has to be spread across multiple Pipelines as following:
for Mk.1 Pipelines and for Mk.2 Pipelines.
Overclocking[edit | edit source]
- The Fuel Generator, like all power generation buildings, behaves differently to power consumer buildings when overclocked. A generator overclocked to 250% only operates 202.4% faster.
- As the fuel consumption rate is directly proportional to generator power production, verify that demand matches the production capacity to ensure that Power Shards are used to their full potential. Fuel efficiency is unchanged, but consumption and power generation rates may be unexpectedly uneven.
Setting up Fuel power[edit | edit source]
See the main article linked above for a full tutorial in multiple stages, from Fuel to Turbofuel.
Note: Always keep in mind the Pipeline throughput limit, 300 m3/min for Mk.1 and 600 m3/min for Mk.2
- Acquire 300 m3/min of Crude Oil (which is two impure Oil Extractors at 250%, one normal at 250%, or one pure at 125%).
- Split the output of the Extractor and feed it to five Refineries.
- Merge the fluid output of all the Refineries into a single Pipe, then split it to feed 16.67 Fuel Generators.
- A manifold arrangement (aka. in-line splitting and merging) is advised for the above setup.
- To deal with the Polymer Resin (this setup will produce 150/min), either sink it or refine it into Residual Rubber/Plastic. Ensure these byproducts never back up, or Fuel production will stop, which will eventually result in the generators running out of it and stopping.
This setup provides 2,500 MW of sustained power available.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.4.0.0
- Decreased Fuel burn rate in Fuel Generator from 15 per minute to 12 per minute
- Patch 0.3:
- Replaced Conveyor input with a Pipeline input, now only accepts fluids
- Changed construction cost to five Computers, 10 Heavy Modular Frames, 15 Motors, 50 Rubber, and 50 Quickwire
- Patch 0.1.5: Changed construction cost from three Heavy Modular Frames, five Motors and five Circuit Boards to 10 Heavy Modular Frames, 10 Motors and five Computers
See also[edit | edit source]
- Liquid Biofuel
- Biomass Burner
- Coal Generator
- Geothermal Generator
- Nuclear Power Plant
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Fuel Generator Plan that uses 300 m3 Crude Oil which is converted into Turbofuel to generate 22,350 MW of Power