Upcoming contentThis article or section is about an item or feature that will be introduced to the game in a future update.
|This article is outdated. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
This page is dedicated to all streams, sneak peeks, leaks, and videos that have been officially released by Coffee Stain Studios about upcoming updates. Content will be removed and added to this page as we see things added into the game and shown in leaks.
The Update 4 section of this page is archived.
- fall 2021
Update 5 is planned to release fall 2021, there's no more accurate release date available.[Update 5 1]
In one tweet by the official Satisfactory account, it was vaguely teased that Update 5 will have something to do with exploration.[Update 5 2]
Recently Jace released a video on the Coffee Stain YouTube channel on the 18th of June 2021 mainly talking about upcoming features for the game mentioned on stream but not on YouTube. In the first part of the video, Jace talks about when Update 5 is releasing where we are told that it is planned for fall this year.[Update 5 1] Coming After this in the second item he talks about build modes he explains that this means that building will become easier and have more different modes.[Update 5 4]
So far, there has been only one DLC confirmed, which would introduce flushing of the toilet in the HUB.[DLC 1] It will cost $1, the release date is not known.[DLC 2][DLC 3][DLC 4] A related Toilet Paper DLC was also hinted at.[DLC 5]
- There will not be a snow biome in the game.[Map 1]
- It has been confirmed that the currently empty Spire Coast biome will be completely reworked as a new biome in a future map update.[Map 2]
- SAM Ore, Mercer Spheres, and Somersloops are all story related items that will be properly implemented and changed in later updates.[1.0 1][1.0 2][1.0 3][1.0 4][1.0 5]
- Satisfactory will have story content (which is fully written and being prototyped),[1.0 6] but it is not expected to be released until 1.0.[1.0 7]
- The story was written by Hannah Beuger.[1.0 8]
- Some items may be unlocked exclusively through the Story.[1.0 9]
- They are looking into revamping the tutorial and very beginning of the game to provide a much easier entry into the game, and to bring in more people to the game and not scare them.[Unspecified 1]
- They specifically asked for the community to provide them with ideas and their own thoughts on how this could be accomplished in the future.[Unspecified 1]
- The main issue with only one type of fuel being possible with equipment (i.e. the Jetpack can only use Packaged Fuel) is because of an issue with the UI and the engine. They cannot create an efficient way for the game to select which fuel type at which time in your inventory for the Jetpack to use. Snutt has confirmed that it will be in the game eventually.[Unspecified 2]
- Jace referred to the developer job for dedicated servers as "in Harry Potter- the Dark Arts class, the teachers never last more than a year."[Dedicated servers 2]
- YouTube - December 19th, 2019 Livestream - Q&A: Will Mercer Spheres and Somersloops be useful soon?
- YouTube - October 6th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When are these Work In Progress (WIP) items going to be used?
- YouTube - November 17th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Any idea when Somersloop, Mercer Sphere, SAM Ore will actually be implemented?
- YouTube - January 12th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Mercer Spheres and Somersloops?
- YouTube - January 26th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Do Mercer Spheres and Somersloops get a place in Update 4?
- Reference Archive - Instagram - January 22nd, 2021 Instagram AMA - Will you add a lore or a secret story to satisfactory?
- YouTube - September 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Will there be a Story Mode?
- November 17th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Who is Hannah?
- YouTube - September 29th, 2020 Livestream - Snutt Talk: WIP (Work In Progress) Items
- YouTube - December 15th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Why can't we flush the toilet?
- November 3rd, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Will there be DLCs?
- YouTube - November 10th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When are we getting Toilet Flush DLC?
- YouTube - January 12th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: The game is not done until I can flush the toilet?
- YouTube - November 10th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When does the Toilet Paper DLC come out?