Upcoming contentThis article or section is about an item or feature that will be introduced to the game in a future update.
This page is dedicated to all streams, sneak peeks, leaks, and videos that have been officially released by Coffee Stain Studios about upcoming updates. Content will be removed and added to this page as we see things added into the game and shown in leaks.
The Update 4 section of this page is archived.
The Update 5 section of this page is archived.
- While not yet announced (as of October 5th, 2021), ideas for the focus of Update 6 had been discussed internally.[U6 1]
- As of November 9th, 2021 it is not yet known whether Update 6 will include any of the previously discussed world changes.[U6 2]
As jokes (with varying degrees of deadpan delivery) either:
- January 5th [Clip needed]
- March 8 or March 9 (year unknown); The date was revealed on the August 10, 2021, Dev Stream, although Jace was likely joking.[U6 3]
- April 2nd 2022[U6 1]
- Tuesday, April 5th[U6 4]
- April 7th (year unspecified)[U6 4]
- Tuesday, April 12th[U6 5]
- April 13th [Clip needed]
- Tuesday, April 19th 2022, 5:45 [Clip needed]
- Tuesday, April 19th 2022, 4:55pm [Clip needed]
- Monday, April 25th [Clip needed]
- Tuesday, April 26th 2022[U6 6]
- April 31st [Clip needed]
- April 32nd [Clip needed]
- November 31st (year unspecified)[U6 7]
- Never (skipping to Update 7)[U6 8][U6 9]
As jokes (with varying degrees of deadpan delivery):
- November 15th, 2022[U7 1]
As jokes (with varying degrees of deadpan delivery):
- December 27th, 2022[U8 1]
So far, there has been only one DLC confirmed, which would introduce flushing of the toilet in the HUB.[DLC 1] It will cost $1, the release date is not known.[DLC 2][DLC 3][DLC 4] A related Toilet Paper DLC was also hinted at.[DLC 5]
- SAM Ore, Mercer Spheres, and Somersloops are all story related items that will be properly implemented and changed in later updates.[1.0 1][1.0 2][1.0 3][1.0 4][1.0 5]
- Satisfactory will have story content (which is fully written and being prototyped),[1.0 6] but it is not expected to be released until 1.0.[1.0 7]
- The story was written by Hannah Beuger.[1.0 8]
- Some items may be unlocked exclusively through the Story.[1.0 9]
The following changes are planned after Update 5:
- The Spire Coast biome will be completely reworked as a new biome.[1.0 10] It was later confirmed this is planned before 1.0, and spans the Desert Canyons biome as well.[1.0 11]
- The Red Jungle, Swamp, Abyss Cliffs, Titan Forest and Desert Canyons will receive "mild to significant foliage changes" and "landscape changes that MAY impact factory"[1.0 11]
- The rest of the world will only receive minor polish[1.0 11]
There will not be a snow biome in the game.[1.0 12]
Coffee Stain are looking into revamping the tutorial and very beginning of the game to provide a much easier entry into the game, and to bring in more people to the game and not scare them.[Unspecified 1] They specifically asked for the community to provide them with ideas and their own thoughts on how this could be accomplished in the future.[Unspecified 1]
The main issue with only one type of fuel being possible with equipment (i.e. the Jetpack can only use Packaged Fuel) is because of an issue with the UI and the engine. They cannot create an efficient way for the game to select which fuel type at which time in your inventory for the Jetpack to use. Snutt has confirmed that it will be in the game eventually.[Unspecified 2]
- YouTube - October 5th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Any idea what the focus of Update 6 will be?
- [https://youtu.be/Drt3ZdOCRJo YouTube November 9th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: What areas are going to be reworked in the next Update?
- Twitch - CoffeeStainStudiosDevs - August 10th, 2021 Livestream - Update 6 Release Date (real)
- YouTube October 19th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Update 6, still at November 31?
- YouTube - November 5th, 2021 Update 5 Patch Notes Commentary Stream - Snutt & Jace Talk: Satisfactory Update 5 Patch Notes vid commentary (Part 44)
- YouTube - November 16th, 2021 Livestream - Trolling: We'll confirm anything
- YouTube - September 21st, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: When is Update 6 coming?
- YouTube - August 3rd, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: When's Update 6?
- YouTube - August 31st, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Update 6, when?
- YouTube - December 19th, 2019 Livestream - Q&A: Will Mercer Spheres and Somersloops be useful soon?
- YouTube - October 6th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When are these Work In Progress (WIP) items going to be used?
- YouTube - November 17th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Any idea when Somersloop, Mercer Sphere, SAM Ore will actually be implemented?
- YouTube - January 12th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Mercer Spheres and Somersloops?
- YouTube - January 26th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Do Mercer Spheres and Somersloops get a place in Update 4?
- Reference Archive - Instagram - January 22nd, 2021 Instagram AMA - Will you add a lore or a secret story to satisfactory?
- YouTube - September 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Will there be a Story Mode?
- November 17th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Who is Hannah?
- YouTube - September 29th, 2020 Livestream - Snutt Talk: WIP (Work In Progress) Items
- YouTube - March 2nd, 2021 Livestream - Snutt & Jace talk: Hannah confirms Spire Coast overhaul as "new biome"
- Everything you need to know about the Update 5 Map Changes (and more)
- YouTube - March 2nd, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Is there a winter zone?
- YouTube - December 15th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Why can't we flush the toilet?
- November 3rd, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Will there be DLCs?
- YouTube - November 10th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When are we getting Toilet Flush DLC?
- YouTube - January 12th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: The game is not done until I can flush the toilet?
- YouTube - November 10th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When does the Toilet Paper DLC come out?