The power output of Geothermal Generators fluctuates and is affected by the purity of the Geyser. The fluctuation cycle takes one minute and is synced globally across all Geothermal Generators.
Both unlocks are in the same research node.
The power output of a Geothermal Generator fluctuates between 0.5 and 1.5 times of its average power generation. The average generation is determined by the Geyser purity:
|Impure||3||50–150 MW||100 MW|
|Normal||9||100–300 MW||200 MW|
|Pure||6||200–600 MW||400 MW|
|Total||18||2250–6750 MW||4500 MW|
Geothermal Generators cannot be overclocked.
- Geothermal Generators can be built on Geysers completely covered by Foundations. The Geyser's steam eruption, however, has to be visible above the foundation.
- Most Geysers are concentrated in the northern part of the map.
- Each Geyser shoots out hot steam about every 20 seconds. The pioneer is not damaged by this hot steam.
- Geysers are the only resource node that do not produce any items or fluids.
Geothermal Generators built in the Rocky Desert
- Patch 0.4.0.0:
- Geothermal Generators no longer have priority over other generators
- Geysers now have purity
- The power output of Geothermal Generators is now dependent on Geyser purity and fluctuates
- The Geothermal Generator GUI is now finished and functions properly
- Unknown patch between Patch 0.3.7 and Patch 0.3.8.0: Renamed from Geo Thermal Generator to Geothermal Generator
- Patch 0.3.3.1: Fixed a bug where some Geysers were still not usable
- Patch 0.3.3.0:
- Geothermal Generators should be buildable on Geysers again
- Minor UI tweak
- Patch 0.3.2.0: Updated and optimized the Geyser idle and burst VFX
- Patch 0.3: Geysers now show just "Geyser" instead of "Geyser cannot be picked up! (Normal)" when approached
- Patch 0.2.1.19: Geyser placement issue in Desert Canyons resulting in ‘Floor is too steep’ when trying to build should be fixed
- Patch 0.1.5: Changed build cost from 25 Cable, 4 Heavy Modular Frame, and 20 Rubber to 30 Cable, 8 Heavy Modular Frame, and 50 Rubber
- Patch 0.1.10: Fixed an invalid Geyser