Indicator Lights are tube lights situated on electricity-powered and generator buildings that reflect the building's operating state. There are five total operating states they can display. Indicator Lights have a hitbox and cannot be walked through, but structures such as Walkways can be built through them if they aren't within the hitbox of a building.
Power consumers or generators that lack Indicator Lights are:
- AWESOME Sink
- Nuclear Power Plant
- Particle Accelerator
- Power Storage, which has a charge indicator on its side instead
- Freight Platform and Fluid Freight Platform, which have an icon on the crane that lights up when they are operational instead
- Crash Sites
The Radar Tower has three Indicator Lights, the only building to have multiple. All lights display the same color.
Note: the "white" state has a slightly bluish tint.
- Indicator Lights were not named until the 0.5.0.0 patch notes, where they were named "Building Status Indicator Lights". 0.5.0.10 patch notes refer to them as "Status Indicator".
- There is an "indigo blue" state which only appeared on unfinished or improperly implemented buildings, it cannot occur during normal gameplay, but can be seen in some older trailers.
Constructors with the red, yellow, green and white Indicator Lights
- Patch 0.5.0.10: Fixed Fuel Generator Status Indicator being offset
- Patch 0.5.0.2: Fixed Building Status Indicator Lights not working
- Patch 0.5.0.0: Indicator Lights no longer work, appearing to be turned off (bug)
- Patch 0.3.4.0: Red and yellow states no longer blink