|Equipment Workshop||Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Detonator|
|Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
|Equipment Workshop||Sulfur Research - The Nobelisk Detonator|
|Sulfur Research - The Nobelisk Detonator|
|Mycelia Research - Toxic Cellular Modification|
|Quartz Research - Explosive Resonance Application|
|Sulfur Research - Cluster Nobelisk|
|Sulfur Research - Nuclear Deterrent Development|
|Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
Quartz Research - Quartz Crystals
Alternate recipes analysis
|Total WP||Total Energy
- Weighted Point is the weighted consumption rate which is calculated by:
(resource consumption rate / maximum extraction rate) * 10,000. The lower the better.
- Energy per item can be used to measure how much power is consumed for the entire production chain. The lower the better.
- Space refers to building space, excluding belts and pipes. The lower the better.
- Among multiple ways to produce each of the ingredient, the recipe with the lowest WP is chosen. See also:
As with other equipment, Nobelisk Detonators have to be equipped to be used. Nobelisks serve as 'ammo' for the Detonator and have to be reloaded with R for arming.
Nobelisks can be thrown with , holding down allows throwing farther. Running forward while throwing will increase the throw range. Multiple Nobelisks can be deployed before exploding them, by reloading instead of detonating. Nobelisks will stick to any surface it touches when thrown, including creatures and other Nobelisks. A thrown Nobelisk cannot be retrieved in any way.
After at least one Nobelisks has been thrown, is used to detonate. They will be detonated to create chains of explosions. Alternatively, striking the Nobelisk with any weapon (or having it hit by a Spitter spit) will detonate it, but no other Nobelisks.
In place of Nobelisks, the use of FICSMAS Snowball can also be used. Equip the Nobelisk Detonator and press G key to Switch Ammo types. The FICSMAS Snowball operates the same as a Nobelisk and has to be reloaded with R for arming.
When detonated, each Nobelisk blows up in a 7.5 meters radius, dealing up to 50 damage at the center. Damage quickly falls off farther from the center of the explosion, making it almost impossible to deal full 50 points of damage due to the collision box between it and the target. Therefore, at least 3 Nobelisk explosions are required to kill a fully-healed pioneer.
Sticking a Nobelisk on a valid target will cause minor damage of 1 (1/100 of pioneer HP). If the creature or object the Nobelisk is stuck to dies or is destroyed, the Nobelisk will disappear. This makes it impossible to detonate the Nobelisks thrown at Flying Crab Hatchers, as it has only 1 HP and bursts instantly, removing the Nobelisk. Sticking a Nobelisk to a building then dismantling the building will cause the Nobelisk to stay in mid-air. Sticking it to a moving vehicle, including the HUB's FICSIT Freighter, will follow the vehicle.
- Standing on high ground and aiming at 30 to 45 degrees upward can result in a very long throw.
- Be careful around Spitters and Alpha Spitters as their spits will detonate thrown Nobelisks, as mentioned above.
- When descending midair, it can be very hard to aim the throw as the pioneer's velocity is added to the Nobelisk.
- When multiple Nobelisks are placed they will explode in a rapid series instead of all at once which allows you to create a very rudimentary form of propulsion by attaching a large number of Nobelisks to the back of a vehicle. It is possible to attach them directly to a person but that will kill you mid-flight so its best to attach them to a vehicle. When using this method of transportation make sure that all your Nobelisks are connected to the vehicle itself and not other Nobelisks or else it will cut the "engine" and stop working.
- Another "and arguably more amusing" form is to place a large number of Nobelisks at your feet and hit them with a xeno-zapper this will detonate all the Nobelisks at once and cause you to rocket into the sky.
- Nobelisk thrown to the face of a charging Hog or Alpha Hog will stagger them and stop the charge, just like Xeno-Zapper or Xeno-Basher do. This will also scare off the Land Whale.
- It seems that aliens take the most damage from the explosion at the center of their body. The Land Whale takes ~20 damage if Nobelisk is attached to its leg, ~27 to its head or tail, and ~34 damage to its chest.
- Despite this, pioneers will take the more damage from the explosion the closer the feet are to the Nobelisk. Standing right on top of one at the time of the explosion deals 47 damage.
- A single, well placed Nobelisk can one-shot a Hog or a Spitter.
- The name 'Nobelisk' may refer to Alfred Nobel, the inventor of Dynamite.
- When detonating a Nobelisk, it makes red spheres that disappear very quickly and a cloud of dust from the explosion.
- Patch 0.6.0.0:
- Introduced Gas Nobelisk, Pulse Nobelisk, Cluster Nobelisk, and Nuke Nobelisk
- Nobelisk Detonator:
- Changed Object Scanner cost from 5 to 1
- Changed 5 Encased Industrial Beams cost to 10 Steel Beams
- Changed recipe craft time from 20 to 6 seconds
- Changed Black Powder cost from 5 to 2
- Changed Steel Pipe cost from 10 to 2
- Patch 0.5.1.9:
- Fixed a crash when bringing up the Nobelisk Ammo Selection wheel without having any type of ammo on inventory
- Fixed G not being properly bindable for “Interact” due to a conflict with the “Cycle Nobelisk Ammunition” binding
- Patch 0.5.1.3:
- Introduced ammo switching
- FICSMAS Snowballs are now considered alternative Nobelisk Ammo
- Patch 0.5.0.10: Made most bushes destructible by Nobelisks
- Patch 0.5.0.9: Fixed Nobelisks being invisible when first equipping for Clients
- Patch 0.5.0.8: Hopefully fixed remaining Nobelisk issues for clients (Firing, Explosions, UI Feedback, Responsiveness)
- Patch 0.5.0.6: Fixed Nobelisks on dedicated servers
- Patch 0.4.0.6: Fixed Nobelisk sound delay bug on destructible boulders
- Patch 0.2.1.4: Implemented our own progress bar for the Nobelisk Detonator instead of the standard UE4 one
- Patch 0.1.15: Potentially fixed a Nobelisk Detonator crash
- Patch 0.1.12: Fixed Nobelisk sound bugs
- Patch 0.1.8: Implemented some changes to Nobelisk sounds
- Patch 0.1.6 build 98394: Improved Nobelisk Detonator sounds
- Patch 0.1.5: Introduced Nobelisk Detonator and Nobelisk