Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.2.1.19 – Build . This patch was released on November 26, 2019. Stable Patch 0.2.1.18 was released alongside.
Today we've got TWO different builds, one going on Early Access and one on Experimental. Early Access is pretty straight forward, we fixed Persian and Ukranian, added Hungarian and we updated all languages with the latest translations. Nothing scary there, Early Access should be exactly as stable as it was before.
Now the Experimental update is a different beast. We have upgraded our engine version and implemented some optimisations we would like to test with you all. Specifically the engine upgrade touches a lot of the code, which means it can introduce many bugs all across the game. To find those bugs we need people to play that version, so if you are on Experimental and find issues send them to us so we can collect and fix them. Whatever you find, you can post on our questions site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/
Something that is unusual for this Experimental update is that we don’t plan on pushing bug fixes to Experimental. We are working on Update 3 and will maintain our focus on that so we can get it to you as soon as possible. That means bug fixes will come with Update 3. We might be pushing other features that require testing to Experimental, but don’t expect any fixes. If there are too many bugs on Experimental for your taste, consider switching to Early Access.
Below you will first find the patch notes for the Early Access build and below that the patch notes for the Experimental build.
Hope you all have fun with the patch and see some performance increases on Experimental! Jace also made a video saying all of this stuff, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZTs31PuFE
- Factory tick parallelisation: Spreading out the factory tick over more cores if available. This can considerably improve factory performance, depending on the CPU
- Memory optimisations
- Disk space optimisations (the Experimental version should take up considerably less space than before)
- Upgraded to 4.22. We probably introduced a bunch of bugs, but it makes stuff better I promise <3
- Red Jungle, gameplay and reward adjustments
- Bamboo Fields, gameplay and reward adjustments
- Updated all translations
- Fixed Persian & Ukranian
- Added Hungarian
- Manufacturer got a new model, animations & VFX
- Geyser placement issue in Desert Canyons resulting in ‘Floor is too steep’ when trying to build should be fixed
- Player characters actually get the right speed when running on Conveyor Belts
- Player characters actually stand still when standing still on Conveyor Belts (used to play running animation)
This patch also introduced content not mentioned in any patch notes, which was later officially introduced in Patch 0.3, most notably new ore meshes and "Spelevator Parts".