Patch Notes: Early Access - v0.3.5 – Build 124162. This patch was released on June 8, 2020. It is the first publicly available version on Steam.
- 1 Intro
- 2 UI
- 3 Bug fixes
- 4 Steam release post
- 4.1 Why Early Access?
- 4.2 Approximately how long will Satisfactory be in Early Access?
- 4.3 What is the current state of the Early Access version?
- 4.4 What we are launching with:
- 4.5 How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
- 4.6 Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
- 4.7 How are you planning on involving the community in your development process?
This is just a small patch before the Steam release. With this version you’ll be able to play Cross-Play with your Steam friends, as soon as the game is released there.
Hope you all will have a blast. We are very excited for later! <3
- Spaced out NAT and version information in the Main Menu over two lines
- Fixed some session connection issues
- Multiplayer information in the Manage Session UI now has the same styling as in other multiplayer related menus
Steam release post
We made it! The game is out now on Steam!
We're super stoked in welcoming you to drop down on MASSAGE-2(A-B)b in the binary star system of Akycha to create some tasty conveyor belt spaghetti!
We've worked many years getting Satisfactory to where it is today, but the game is still in Early Access so there's still more sweet stuff coming! We hope you'll have a grand ol' time and help us in developing our game with your feedback and support!
Coffee Stain Studios
Why Early Access?
Satisfactory is a big and complex game that can be expanded and refined for a very long time and we believe that there is a community of factory builders out in the world that would love to join us to create this beast of a game together. We want to involve players, see how they play and iterate the game based on that. Going Early Access will help us build an awesome factory-building game and help us focus on the right things moving forward.
Approximately how long will Satisfactory be in Early Access?
We hope to work on this game for years to come and make something truly special. We are not entirely sure what would qualify as a 1.0 version of Satisfactory, but the game will be in Early Access for at least 1 year, could be longer.
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
We’ve reached the point in development where we feel ready to open the game up to the public. There are still a bunch of performance, design and visual issues and the game is far from perfect. Having said that the game is in a state where you can have a lot of fun and enjoy tons of hours of gameplay, single or multiplayer. If you are into building factories and adventure in a vast unexplored world, we think that you are going to like Satisfactory a lot!
What we are launching with:
- 7 tiers full of milestones that unlocks machines, resources, equipment and vehicles
- 4 different starting areas/biomes on a large handcrafted world (30km2)
- Vehicles with automation capabilities
- Equipment and weapons
- Alien creatures
- Pipes (!!!)
- Multiplayer (still in a bit funky state but it’s Playable and Fun™)
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
We are planning to at least add the following:
- The rest of the FICSIT milestones and tiers
- More machines, resources, vehicles, equipment, and weapons
- Improvements on core gameplay, systems, UI/UX, Quality of Life
- Iterate on world, exploration, landmarks, rewards, and creatures
- Full narrative
- More optimization
- Dedicated server support
- Mod support
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
We expect the price to increase once we go 1.0, but we don’t know for sure.
How are you planning on involving the community in your development process?
The game has been available on a different platform up until this point and we have somewhat learned how to balance addressing feedback and introducing new content from this time. We will keep on reading the discussions and talking to our community. We use Discord, our own up-vote forum, in-game bug reports, surveys etc. This process is likely something that we will iterate on as well. We have an experimental branch where we want to push in early content for future stable updates for those who want to opt in and help us test it. You can always follow our updates and progress through our different channels; Website, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Discord.