Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.3.6 – Build 134641. This patch was released on October 27, 2020.
It is time for the Fluids Update to hit Experimental. Since the contents are largely new buildings, we should maybe have called it the Pipes Update (Again), but it’s the little Fluids Update now. Much of the content has been teased and confirmed, but let’s go through the new stuff one more time!
One of the most impactful changes is an upgrade to the Fluids System that allows for Mk.2 Pipelines that carry up to 600 cubic meters of fluids per minute. We’re looking forward to seeing your more compact (or even bigger?!) setups using the new Pipeline.
In the spirit of upgrading some features, we also added the Pipeline Pump Mk.2 with superior head lift and new in-world feedback that indicates where to put Pumps on Pipelines for optimal head lift distribution.
We also added two other highly requested features related to Fluids in Satisfactory: The Packager, a small and energy efficient building which will replace the Refinery for packaging Fluids, and the Valve, which can control the maximum throughput of a Pipeline.
On top of what we already mentioned there are some additional changes, all of which you can find in the detailed notes below.
Hope you all will have fun with this update and let us know what you think! There is more in the works for you. <3
- New building for packaging and unpackaging recipes
- Pipeline Mk.2
- Able to transport 600m³ of fluids per minute
- Pipeline Pump Mk.2
- Has a total head lift of 50 meters
- Head lift feedback
- When building Pipeline pumps there is now feedback to help placing them for optimal head lift distribution
- New attachment that can be used to limit the flow rate of a pipeline
- Pipeline Pumps can now be rotated before being placed
- Wall attachments can now be placed under and on the side of Foundations (Power/Pipeline/Hyper Tube Wall attachments)
- Jump Pads (Overhaul)
- Added visual feedback with the launch trajectory for the current Jump Pad and pre-existing ones while building
- Launch angle can be adjusted while placing with Mouse Wheel, extra fine tuning is possible by holding down Ctrl while adjusting the angle
- Updated visuals, it is now a new single mesh instead of several different ones
- Renamed previous iteration of the Jump Pads to "Old Jump Pad"
- Removed Old Jump Pads from the Build menu, Codex and Quick Search
- Updated visuals
- Improved connection mesh for Power Poles and Wall Power Poles to always face the player and position better
- Realigned ladders on some buildings where you could not grab onto them properly when climbing down
Quality of Life
- Build gun hologram will automatically switch to Wall Power Poles when aiming at a Wall or Foundation Side/Bottom when building a cable
- You cannot put Power Slugs or Hard Drives in the trash
- Removed velocity checks from Ladders so you can always grab onto them
- Updated all languages with the latest translations
- Added new language: Serbian (Latin)