Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.4.0.9 – Build 149356. This patch was released on April 6, 2021.
Intro[edit | edit source]
We have another round of fixes and improvements coming right up after our Easter break :)
As always if we somehow made things worse please let us know at our QA site https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ we read your posts every day.
There’s more on the way since we’re trying to wrap up remaining issues before we move to our EA release, so please stay tuned, see you all again soon <3
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed multiple instances of building SFX playing at the same time when near each other.
- Attempt #5 to fix the crash in AFGReplicationDetailActor_BuildableFactory. This time it’s different, no, really, it is.
- Made the hologram material slightly more bearable with reduced contrast, should help with being able to see text inside some holograms. Still subject to change.
- Hopefully fixed Giant items being left behind in the world when unequipping stuff.
- Additional check to see if the game is running or not, should reduce crashes in FGBackgroundthread.
- Balanced sounds in equipment that changed during the engine upgrade.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Inventory tooltips now display a maximum of 3 recipes, with a hint to the codex if there are more alternate recipes.
- Made Tooltips a bit more compact.
Optimisation[edit | edit source]
- Added distance cull to skeletal meshes.
- Enabled only ticking when rendered for several skeletal meshes.
- Texture2D Array sampling stability / performance test for factory material, should reduce GPU cost for factory buildings in general, mainly noticeable on lower spec machines.
- Improved light falloff settings, light should have a smooth transition when possible.
- Upped lighting scalability. Lights should render much longer on higher settings. (Be sure to reset the Light Quality option in the video settings for it to work properly)
Localisation[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bunch of mistakes and typos.
- Updated scripts for test languages and completion rates
- Updated all languages with the latest translations.
- Updated completion rates.
Known issues[edit | edit source]
- Battery LODS will look a bit off this patch, VFX and Animated part will cull too early. Proper fix soon™
- Texture tiling on some factory buildings will look off caused by the texture2D array test.