|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Power Pole.
- Please see the Discussion page for reasoning.
To start building a Power Line, at least one end of the connection must be already built (this can be either a Power Pole, Wall Outlet or any building). After confirming the first connection, if the destination target is not a building, a Power Pole or Wall Outlet will be added automatically on the ground or wall/ceiling respectively if possible; the additional cost of the Power Pole or Wall Outlet is taken into account when it is required.
Most buildings may only have one Power Line connected to it, Power Storages and Lights can have two; Power Poles four, seven or ten (based on the mark). It is advised to connect the other end of the Power Line to a Power Pole or Wall Outlet to allow further expansion of a power grid.
A building with more than one connection cannot be connected to itself, with some exceptions. It is possible to connect both ends of a Double Wall Outlet together, which only reduces the amount of available connections on both sides by one, as they are already connected internally. It is also possible to connect both connectors of a Power Switch or Lights Control Panel, which disallows the structures to connect to anything.
Once a Power Line is built, there is no indication of how much or whether power is flowing through them. Power Poles, Generators and Switches only show the values for the whole grid. Power within Power Lines has no sense of current or voltage.
Power Generators will not turn on without a Power Line connection. It is not checked whether there is any consumption, meaning connecting to a dead-end Power Pole, or even another Power Generator will suffice.
Power Lines are "disconnected" simply by dismantling F them.
- A Power Pole or Wall Outlet should have at least one connector reserved after all machines are connected; this allows connection of the pole/outlet to a power grid.
- If a Power Pole or Wall Outlet reaches its maximum connections, no further Power Line connections can be added to it.
- The number of current connections and the maximum connections are shown when aiming a new Power Line at a Pole/Outlet, but not on factory buildings.
- Removing a Power Pole or Wall Outlet will also remove any connected Power Lines, returning their associated material cost in addition.
- During FICSMAS, if FICSMAS Power Lights were unlocked, Power Lines could be "upgraded" into and from them. They were different only visually, otherwise having exactly the same properties as Power Lines have.
- Patch 0.3.7.4: Fixed a bug where the power icon would look out of place for Client after upgrading Power Lines
- Patch 0.3.7.2: Power Lines can now be upgraded to FICSMAS Power Lights and vice versa
- Patch 0.3.4.9: Power Lines should be easier to dismantle again
- Patch 0.3:
- Power Poles placed when building Power Lines now snap to the foundation grid
- Power Lines can now be built through player-built structures without restrictions
- Patch 0.1.8: Fixed a crash related to Power Lines being saved in a bad state
- Patch 0.1.5: Fixed a bug with the cost of Power Lines not updating correctly while building