|Mucus from the power slugs compressed into a solid crystal-like shard. |
It radiates a strange power.
|Unlocked at||Power Slugs Research|
Power Shards are special items used for overclocking buildings. Each shard increases the maximum allowed clock speed by 50%. A building can accept a maximum of three shards, which means a maximum running speed of 250% for production buildings or 202% for power generation buildings (due to overclocking not being linear).
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Power Slugs Research - Green Power Slugs|
|Power Slugs Research - Yellow Power Slugs|
|Power Slugs Research - Purple Power Slugs|
Resource acquisition[edit | edit source]
There are currently 744 Power Slugs known in-game; 406 green, 219 yellow, and 119 purple. 1 slug of each type is consumed as part of research in the MAM. The upper limit of obtainable Power Shards is infinite, as Lizard Doggos can generate an infinite amount of slugs over time. The upper limit of non-renewable collectible power shards is 1431.
Additional power shards can be randomly obtained as drops from the FICSMAS calendar.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Power Shards are used solely for overclocking. See Clock Speed for more details.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is best to use them to overclock raw resource extractors (Miners and Oil Extractors) to saturate a conveyor or pipe throughput. Overclocking production buildings is not advised, as more of them can be built instead. Overclocking power generators causes the resulting production speed to result in numbers with decimal spaces, making them considerably harder to work with.
- Underclocking a building does not require any power shards.
- Power Shards are renewable by taming Lizard Doggos, as they have a chance to find new Power Slugs.
- It is a common misconception that Power Shards wear out after a certain period of time, they do not. The disadvantage of overclocking is increased power consumption (or uneven consumption rate for generators) as mentioned above, not that the shards are temporary.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.4.0.4: Copy paste now autofills Power Shard slots if available
- Patch 0.3.4.14: Production times changed to work better with Constructor sounds. Crafting clicks adjusted.