|This article is outdated. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
|“||The crystals on these slugs can be harvested and converted into power shards that function with current FICSIT technology.||„|
Power Slugs are collectibles which are used to craft Power Shards, which enable overclocking of buildings. They appear as glowing immobile slugs and can found around the world. They do not respawn and there is a limited number in the world, but a small number of renewable Power Slugs can be found with the aid of tamed Lizard Doggos. They can be researched at the MAM to unlock overclocking of buildings, along with recipes to craft slugs into Power Shards at a Craft Bench.
There are blue, yellow, and purple slugs scattered around the map, which can be crafted into one, two and five Power Shards respectively, with increasing rarity.
There are 400 Blue Power Slugs in the world. They are often found in plain sight on small stone spires, on the trees or hills that rarely require a ladder or a Jetpack to reach. You may find a few of them hidden inside crackable boulders which can be detonated with a Nobelisk Detonator.
Blue Power Slugs have replaced Green Power Slugs. They are functionally identical and only differ in name and color.
Produces: One Power Shard
There are 212 Yellow Power Slugs in the world. They are often found in and around the Poison Pillar, on trees, near/on cliff faces, and other difficult-to-traverse places. Most of them are guarded by a strong creature, or surrounded by Poison Gas. (You can use a Gas Mask to get through the poison gas easily.) You will often need to construct a tall ladder to reach them.
Produces: Two Power Shards
There are 117 Purple Power Slugs in the world. They are usually found high up on cave walls, on top of mountains, inside ravines, on cliff faces and other hard to notice/reach places. You will usually need to construct a long ramp or walkway or have access to use the Jetpack to reach them. Some Purple Power Slugs are heavily guarded by strong creatures or surrounded by several radioactive deposits.
Produces: Five Power Shards
Power Slugs can be searched for using the Object Scanner, with one setting searching for slugs of any color. They are luminescent and can be easily spotted at night. Picking up a Power Slug requires the player to hold down the interact button (default E) for three seconds while facing it. Using the photo mode P and zoom in can act like a binocular which helps the search.
Some slugs are in difficult-to-reach locations, with the difficulty caused through such aspects of gameplay as traversing the geography, dealing with hostile faunae, or traversing environmental hazard (e.g. two Purple Power Slugs in the Red Jungle, require the player to enter a 'cave entrance' that leads to an underground void scattered with several Uranium deposits. Foundations can be built to retrieve them safely. Hazmat Suit is required.)
There are currently 729 Power Slugs known in-game; 400 blue, 212 yellow, and 117 purple. 1 slug of each type is consumed as part of research in the MAM. The upper limit of obtainable Power Shards is infinite, as Lizard Doggos can generate an infinite amount of slugs over time. The upper limit of non-renewable collectible Power Shards is 1401.
Additional researches unlock recipes for each kind of slug, overclocking and scanning using the Object Scanner.
|Power Slugs Research - Blue Power Slugs|
|Power Slugs Research - Yellow Power Slugs|
|Power Slugs Research - Purple Power Slugs|
- Power Slugs lose their color once picked up. When the player attempts to place it down onto the floor or dispensing it onto a belt via a Storage Container, all varieties of the slug appear blue-indigo. The reason for this is unknown, but it could be some sort of defensive mechanism of the slug.
- It appears that these are amphibian slugs, as they can also be found in shallow lakes.
- Power Slugs have two small, beady black eyes on their front, most easily observed when below them.
- Power Slugs were originally gemstones, but were changed to slugs shortly before release.
The coordinates below are measured in centimeters. (A foundation size = 800 x 800)
- There is a Blue Power Slug buried below ground that is impossible to collect without clipping, at Rocky Desert. (-169150, 86, 400)
- Two impossible Yellow Power Slugs are buried within poison pillar at Lake Forest and Desert Canyons, at (65494, -2077, 13600) and (-11592, -149477, 12200) respectively. Unlike the above cases, clipping will not work as the slugs are embedded inside a solid structure, making all sorts of interaction impossible.
- Patch 0.5.0.0: Changed Green Power Slugs to Blue Power Slugs, changing their appearance, inventory icon and name
- Patch 0.3.6: Can no longer be trashed with the inventory trash slot.
- Patch 0.3?: Made Power Slugs more distinguishable in colors. Made them easier to spot by adding misty clouds around them and a beam effect that shoots out from its back
- Patch 0.2.1.8: Ensured that Power Slugs don’t lose their color on distance
- Patch 0.2.1.5: Added LODs
- Patch 0.1:
- Added a special pick-up sound
- Made the Yellow Power Slug more yellow