Quickwire is an early-game item with many uses. It is complementary to normal copper Wire.
If one avoids researching caterium throughout the game for any reason, they will first stumble upon Quickwire in the Tier 6 milestone Expanded Power Infrastructure, as it's required to build Fuel Generators. The Resource Scanner upgrade unlocked in the same milestone allows for a caterium resource node to be found easily.
|Caterium Research - Quickwire|
|Caterium Research - Caterium Ingots|
Alternate recipes analysis
|Total WP||Total Energy
- Weighted Point is the weighted consumption rate which is calculated by:
(resource consumption rate / maximum extraction rate) * 10,000. The lower the better.
- Energy per item can be used to measure how much power is consumed for the entire production chain. The lower the better.
- Building space and building count are summed for all buildings, excluding belts, pipes, power poles, power lines and other logistic infrastructures. The lower the better.
- Among multiple ways to produce each of the ingredient, the recipe with the lowest WP is chosen. See also:
This section serves as a recap for alternate recipe information and to provide some possible usage cases. It can be rather subjective, so don't take it as fact.
- If your Caterium supply isn't enough to make as much Quickwire as you need, but you have loads of Copper available, consider using Fused Quickwire. It makes 2.4 times the normal amount of Quickwire, but you also need Assemblers for it.
- "Its the only alternative recipe for Quickwire. No others to confuse it with."