The resource scanner (default V) is a tool used to scan the nearby area and shows the pioneer locations of the 3 nearest resource nodes (or groups of them). In the beginning, it can only scan for Iron Ore, and the ability to scan for new resources are added after completing certain Milestones or MAM researches.
- When the scan button (default V) is pressed and held down, a scanning wheel resembling a circular dial will pop up, allowing to select which resource will be scanned for.
- A cyan spherical surface will then propagate outward from the scanner. The nearest 3 patches of the chosen ore type will be scanned; their directions will be indicated on the compass (and map, if unlocked). The ping sounds will then be played relative to their distances. If the resource patch is in the direction within the game window, lines will be drawn from the sky and point down to the exact resource node locations, regardless if the nodes are directly within the line of sight. Circles will be drawn, indicate the number, the locations, and the exact elevations of the nodes.
- The resource will be scanned regardless if the pioneer has built a Miner on top of it. After three nearest patches are scanned, the scanning process stops.
- The actual scanning process has no range limitations, it will scan until all 3 resource nodes or batches of them are found, no matter how far away from the pioneer that may be.
- On the compass, the icon of the resource will be indicated with white background, with the nearest resource patch having the largest icon size.
- A single quick tap will trigger the re-scanning of the previously chosen resource type.
- After 25 seconds, the resource indications will disappear from the compass and map. Re-scan if needed.
- When being less then 300m away from a group of nodes it will show every node in the group and the next 2 furthest patches.
|Copper Ore||HUB Upgrade 2|
|Limestone||HUB Upgrade 3|
|Caterium Ore||Caterium Research (MAM at Tier 2)|
or Tier 6: Expanded Power Infrastructure
|Raw Quartz||Quartz Research (MAM at Tier 2)|
or Tier 7: Bauxite Refinement
|Sulfur||Sulfur Research (MAM at Tier 2)|
or Tier 7: Aeronautical Engineering
|Coal||Tier 3: Coal Power|
|Crude Oil||Tier 5: Oil Processing|
|Geyser||Caterium Research (MAM at Tier 2),|
research requires at least Tier 5 parts and Oil)
|Bauxite||Tier 7: Bauxite Refinement|
|Uranium||Tier 8: Nuclear Power|
|Water||Tier 8: Advanced Aluminum Production|
|Nitrogen Gas||Tier 8: Advanced Aluminum Production|
|Crude Oil||Tier 8: Advanced Aluminum Production|
- The scan effect sphere propagates outward at roughly 120 meters/second.
- It dissipates after about 350 meters, but the search is still going on.
- The resource scanner is the same tool as Build Gun.
- Patch 0.3.6.4: Every resource is now capitalized correctly
- Patch 0.3.6.3: Coal is now properly capitalized
Coal, but all other resources are capitalized incorrectly
- Patch 0.3.6: Coal is now capitalized
- Patch 0.3.4.12: Now works after being revived
- Patch 0.3.4.11: Scanner icons now correspond with the resource meshes again
- Patch 0.3: Coal is now capitalized
- Unknown patch before Patch 0.2.1: Scanning sound effect changed