The Resource Well Pressurizer is a late game building used for pressurizing a Resource Well by building one on it. Afterwards, fluid resources can be extracted from the satellite nodes by building Resource Well Extractors on them. Pipelines can be connected to the extractors to transport out the extracted fluids.
Locate the target Resource Well with the Resource Scanner. Build a Resource Well Pressurizer on the node center and provide power. Then, build Resource Well Extractors on the surrounding sub-nodes. Resource Well Extractors do not require Power. Overclocking can be performed at the Resource Well Pressurizer and this applies to all surrounding Resource Well Extractors.
The Resource Well Pressurizer can be placed on a Resource Well covered by Foundations. Resource Well Extractors do not have a collision box, other buildings can be built right through them. Resource Well Extractors can only be built after the the Resource Well Pressurizer is already constructed and powered.
Resource Well Pressurizers and Extractors can be used to extract Crude Oil, Water, or Nitrogen Gas. The total flow rate of all the satellite nodes (assuming that Extractors are placed on all of them) is shown in the UI of the Resource Well Pressurizer. Each Resource Well contains a different number of satellite nodes with different combinations of purities. Purities of each sub-node can be viewed by looking at them, similar to a resource node.
Unlike other production machines, the Resource Well Pressurizer/Extractor system does not enter standby when the output backs up, and continues drawing full power regardless of actual flow.
Resource Well Pressurizer can be overclocked using Power Shards. Overclocking the Pressurizer increases the output rate of all the surrounding Resource Well Extractors at once, at the cost of greatly increased power demand.
A Resource Well Extractor provides a head lift of 10 meters, measured from the center of its pipe outlet.
- Since the Resource Well Pressurizer's power consumption is fixed regardless of the number of Extractors, it's always best to put Extractors on all of the well's nodes, even if a lesser number would meet requirements.
- Building Water Extractors to extract Water from water bodies uses less power compared to Resource Well water extraction.
- Matching the Water Extractors' efficiency would require 15 normal node equivalents on one well, and no water well tops 14.
- The building is named "Fracking Smasher" internally, which is a reference to the real-world fracking process.
- Patch 0.4.0.2: Fixed some Resource Wells not allowing Extractors/Pressurisers to be placed
- Patch 0.4.0.0: Introduced