The Rifle is an automatic ranged weapon that uses Rifle Cartridges as ammo. It can hold 10 rounds and shoots five rounds per second. Each bullet hit deals six damage. Bullets travel in a straight line with infinite speed (hitscan), making it useful for sniping. The maximum firing range is 150 meters. The damage per reload of the Rifle is 60.
Rifle Cartridges are the ammo for Rifle. Unlike Spiked Rebar for the Rebar Gun, the bullets travel in a straight line. Despite its appearance and a rather costly recipe, a single Cartridge item only represents a single shot.
|Equipment Workshop||Sulfur Research - The Rifle|
|Sulfur Research - Rifle Cartridges|
- When exploring, it is advised to bring a few stacks of Rifle Cartridges as they are consumed in great amounts, especially during frequent enemy encounters.
- Note that despite the appearance of the Cartridge, one Cartridge equals one shot, not 10.
- While effective against almost every hostile creature, it is best used against Flying Crabs and Alpha Spitters from a distance.
- Patch 0.3.4.0:
- Renamed Cartridge to Rifle Cartridge
- Increased stack size from 50 to 100
- Patch 0.3.0.1: Rifle Cartridges are now correctly produced in the Manufacturer
- Patch 0.3: Cartridge no longer require Nobelisk to produce
- Patch 0.1.8: Added Rifle sounds
- Patch 0.1.5: Made Rifle and Cartridges officially available