|Strange Alien Metal that glistens with new possibilities.|
WORK IN PROGRESS
THIS IS NOT USED
SAM Ore, which stands for Strange Alien Metal, is a rare resource found in the world. It currently serves no purpose.
Currently, SAM resource nodes will only produce 15-99 ore, sharing properties with resource deposits; after this amount of ore is extracted, no more will be produced until the game is reloaded (the node will stay in place, and the Miner's Indicator Light will flash yellow). Node purity and Miner mark do not affect the mined amount.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Resource acquisition[edit | edit source]
SAM Ore can be harvested by hand (default E) in trace amounts from resource deposits scattered across the world, or from inexhaustible resource nodes on which Miners can be constructed to extract automatically. Additonally, Lizard Doggos will ocassionally bring it when tamed.
- Items produced per minute
Number of SAM Ore resource nodes is as follows:
|Mk.3 mining rate|
at 250 %
Usage[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
AWESOME Sink[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- SAM Ore is story-related.
- Due to story elements being added alongside or just before 1.0, the use for SAM Ore may be implemented into the game very late on. However, Coffee Stain has considered implementing SAM content earlier on by stripping it of the story elements.
- It will likely be a MAM resource.
- Its content will "mostly be used by players nearing the end of the game to solve problems around their factories they might not want to deal with as much at that point".
- It is the only ore that doesn't have a stack size of 100.
- It cannot be sorted using the Smart Splitter or the Programmable Splitter.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3: Icon and mesh updated
References[edit | edit source]