|Splits conveyor belts in three.|
You can set a rule for each output to decide exactly what part should go there.
|Unlocked at||Caterium Research - Smart Splitter|
|Dimensions (Area 16 m2)|
|Height||Stackable: (2n+1) m|
The Smart Splitter is an upgraded version of the Splitter capable of filtering its input and handling overflow.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
Construction[edit | edit source]
|Build Gun||Caterium Research - Smart Splitter|
Usage[edit | edit source]
Unlike a standard Splitter, the Smart Splitter can be interacted with to access its UI. In this menu, a single rule (or 'filter') can be set to each output, labeled Left Output, Center Output, and Right Output.
Filters[edit | edit source]
- Any: The output will behave just like a normal Splitter. Parts will be evenly distributed across this output and any other available outputs.
- *: Same as Any, but unavailable in the selection menu. Appears by default in the Center Output.
- None: The output is unused. Appears by default in the Right and Left Output.
- Any undefined: Same as Any, but parts that have their own designated filter won't pass through this output.
- Overflow: This output will only be used if there are no other outputs to use. If multiple outputs have this filter, overflowing parts will be distributed evenly among them.
- Item: Only the selected item will pass through the output. Its recipe has to be unlocked first for it to appear in the list, making some items like SAM Ore or Uranium Waste not appear in the list whatsoever.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The functionality of Programmable Splitters can be replicated by chaining Smart Splitters
- Before the Smart Splitter is available, specific Splitter-Merger arrays can be used to handle overflow
- Smart Splitters can be used to construct a belt compressor. Read more: Balancer#Belt_compressor
- Smart Splitters can be used to make a pressure relief valve for a circular Conveyor Belt. Build a Splitter and a Merger on the main belt with the splitter downstream, connect the two with a side belt, then place a Smart Splitter on the side belt with its free output set to Overflow.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.6: Added “Overflow” rule
- Patch 0.3.4.2: Now should no longer back up on duplicate rule definitions
- Patch 0.2.1.11: Added “Any Undefined” rule, which only sends items through that are not defined to go to any other output
- Patch 0.2.1.9: Now should use more than one output when there are multiple outputs with a matching rule
- Patch 0.1.5: Changed crafting cost from 3 Reinforced Iron Plate to 2
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]