|Smelts ore into ingots.|
Can be automated by feeding ore into it with a conveyor belt connected to the input. The produced ingots can be automatically extracted by connecting a conveyor belt to the output.
|Unlocked at||Tier 0 - HUB Upgrade 2|
|Power Usage||4 MW|
|“||Smelting ore down to usable ingots has never been this easy! Feed it whatever ore you find, set the recipe, and out comes the life-blood of any successful factory!||„|
|~ Caterina Parks's assistant Steve|
The Smelter is a building used to smelt raw ores into ingots.
Recipes[edit | edit source]
|Recipe Name||Crafting Time (sec)||Ingredients||Products|
|Caterium Ingot||4||3x Caterium Ore45.0/min||1x Caterium Ingot15/min|
|Copper Ingot||2||1x Copper Ore30.0/min||1x Copper Ingot30/min|
|Iron Ingot||2||1x Iron Ore30.0/min||1x Iron Ingot30/min|
|Pure Aluminum Ingot||2||2x Aluminum Scrap60.0/min||1x Aluminum Ingot30/min|
Overclocking[edit | edit source]
Main article: Clock speed
Tips[edit | edit source]
- All Smelter recipes have more effective alternatives in Refineries, obtained as alternate recipes. In the late game, Smelters can be completely replaced by Refineries, at the cost of requiring a bit more space and drawing more power, but greatly increasing ingot yield (except for Aluminum).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Five Smelters in a line, built during Tier 0.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.6: Fixed incorrect material application on the Smelter and Foundry
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Updated VFX for the Smelter and Coal Generator
- Patch 0.3: Clearance tweaks for Foundry, Constructor & Smelter
- Patch 0.1.10: Re-aligned Foundry and Smelter's inputs to allow for tighter connections
- Patch 0.1.9: Adjusted alignments of I/O:s on Foundry, Coal Generator, Fuel Generator, Oil Refinery, Constructor, Smelter and Assembler
- Patch 0.1.5: Clearance adjustments for Smelters, Constructors, and Assemblers
- Patch Closed Alpha 3: Implemented the Significance Manager and added support for Smelters and Constructors
- Patch Closed Alpha 2: Building Sounds: Smelter and miner will no longer animate & make sounds when idle.