|“||Smelting ore down to usable ingots has never been this easy! Feed it whatever ore you find, set the recipe, and out comes the life-blood of any successful factory!||„|
|~ Caterina Parks's assistant Steve|
The Smelter is a building used to smelt raw ores into ingots.
|Recipe Name||Crafting Time (sec)||Ingredients||Products|
|12||1x FICSMAS Gift5/min||2x Blue FICSMAS Ornament10/min|
|4||3x Caterium Ore45/min||1x Caterium Ingot15/min|
|2||1x Copper Ore30/min||1x Copper Ingot30/min|
|2||1x Iron Ore30/min||1x Iron Ingot30/min|
|2||2x Aluminum Scrap60/min||1x Aluminum Ingot30/min|
|12||1x FICSMAS Gift5/min||1x Red FICSMAS Ornament5/min|
Main article: Clock speed
- All Smelter recipes have more effective alternatives in Refineries, obtained as alternate recipes. In the late game, Smelters can be completely replaced by Refineries, at the cost of requiring a bit more space and drawing more power, but greatly increasing ingot yield (except for Aluminum).
Five Smelters in a line, built during Tier 0.
- Patch 0.3.4.6: Fixed incorrect material application on the Smelter and Foundry
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Updated VFX for the Smelter and Coal Generator
- Patch 0.3: Clearance tweaks for Foundry, Constructor & Smelter
- Patch 0.1.10: Re-aligned Foundry and Smelter's inputs to allow for tighter connections
- Patch 0.1.9: Adjusted alignments of I/O:s on Foundry, Coal Generator, Fuel Generator, Oil Refinery, Constructor, Smelter and Assembler
- Patch 0.1.5: Clearance adjustments for Smelters, Constructors, and Assemblers
- Patch Closed Alpha 3: Implemented the Significance Manager and added support for Smelters and Constructors
- Patch Closed Alpha 2: Building Sounds: Smelter and miner will no longer animate & make sounds when idle.