|“||That’s why you’re sent to that planet. You [have] to build this thing, you construct this giant space elevator and you funnel resources into it in a few stages. You can finish [Satisfactory] and get to the end and press the ‘I Win’ button.||„|
|~ Oscar Jilsén|
The Space Elevator is a special building used to complete phases of Project Assembly by supplying it with Project Assembly Parts. The first three deliveries unlock two higher Tiers of Milestones, while the fourth one unlocks the 'Employee of the Planet' Cup in the AWESOME Shop.
It is visible from all parts of the world, making it a useful landmark for navigation.
Project Assembly phases
|Phase||Name||Upgrade cost||Delivery unlocks|
|1||Platform||50 × Smart Plating||Tiers 3 and 4|
|2||Framework||500 × Smart Plating
500 × Versatile Framework
100 × Automated Wiring
|Tiers 5 and 6|
|3||Systems||2 500 × Versatile Framework
500 × Modular Engine
100 × Adaptive Control Unit
|Tiers 7 and 8|
|4||Propulsion||4 000 × Assembly Director System
4 000 × Magnetic Field Generator
1 000 × Nuclear Pasta
1 000 × Thermal Propulsion Rocket
| 'Employee of the Planet' Cup|
in the AWESOME Shop
Building and relocation
The Space Elevator must be constructed to unlock Tier 3 and above. Only one Space Elevator can be built in a game; however, it can be dismantled and relocated without losing progress at any time.
Once an item has been loaded into the elevator, it cannot be retrieved.
In a multiplayer game, the Space Elevator and its progress is shared among all players.
- Although it has a terminal in its model, the player can interact with the Space Elevator from any angle.
- If you are placing a Space Elevator on a foundation platform, you can get centering guidelines by placing observation towers at two cardinal, non-aligned compass points (N/E, N/W, S/E, S/W but not N, S, E, or W) on your platform, then stand on one of the towers, you will get alignment guidelines to place the center of the elevator in the center of the platform.
- It is recommended to set up "semi-auto production lines" to "manually" craft Project Assembly Parts to prevent over-producing these expensive parts.
- After each delivery, the Space Elevator will ascend to the sky for a few minutes then descend back to the lower level.
- Only the anchors of the Space Elevator are constructed by the Engineer, which explains its rather cheap price.
- In a multiplayer game, if a player sends off the items by pulling the handle, other players will not be able to see the animated handle in the Space Elevator UI if they opened the UI at the same time.
- The delivery mechanism of the Space Elevator does have collision maps, so if the player managed to work their way up to the top, they would be able to walk around on it.
- Project Assembly itself cannot be seen in-game, but it appears briefly at the end of the E3 trailer.
- According to Jace, Sofi, and Snutt, there is supposedly a food court at the top of the Space Elevator.
- Patch 0.4.0.4: Fixed exploit that made it able to obtain multiple upgrades of the Space Elevator at the same time in multiplayer
- Patch 0.4.0.2: Fixed the last tier of the Space Elevator being unlockable without completing the requirements for it
- Patch 0.4.0.0:
- Implemented the fourth delivery
- Added specific factory building legs
- Patch 0.3.4.9: Client players can now see the delivery animations
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Now should show the correct values in cost slots now
- Patch 0.3: Now requires special Project Assembly parts for deliveries
- Patch 0.1.15: Now locks after the Tier 7&8 unlock
- Patch 0.1.14: Implemented the third delivery
- Patch 0.1:
- Locked the Phase that opens up Tiers 7 and 8
- Changed screen textures
- Added custom build sound and animation sounds
- Changed Phase names
- Patch Closed Alpha 5.1: Send-off sequence added
- Patch Closed Alpha 2: Introduced