|Satisfactory Wiki uses cat images from Arachnophobia Mode in efforts of reducing the occurence of spider images. This is not the default setting in-game.|
This article does contain spider images!
Stingers are spider-like creatures found mostly in caves and jungles. Their body consists of four pointy legs attached to their torso, and another 4 similar pointy appendages attached to their head which they use for combat. They move very swiftly and come in three variants.
Activating the "Arachnophobia Mode" option replaces the Stinger models with three sprites of cats with an animated hologram filter, to make the stinger visuals more palatable for those with arachnophobia. The cat sprites do not correspond to a Stinger variant, which can make it harder to tell them apart, instead, it is picked randomly. Elite Gas Stingers have green particles surrounding them.
- There are three Types of Stingers - Baby, Alpha, and Elite Gas. 
- There are two Sub-Types of Stingers - Normal and Cave.
- Normal Stingers only spawn at night.
- Cave Stingers can spawn at any time both in and out of a Cave.
|Baby Stinger||10||5 (slash)||0.4||1-2× Alien Organs||Hostile|
|Alpha Stinger||50||30 (slash)
|1.0||3× Alien Organs|
|Elite Gas Stinger||100||30 (slash)
|1.5||5× Alien Organs|
|Slash||✓||✓||✓||Slash the target in front of it by moving all four of its claws inwards.|
|Leap||✓||✓||Charge, leap then followed by a Slash attack. Has a short cooldown after this. Elite Gas Stinger leap much more frequently.|
|Poison||✓||Poison Gas attack by Elite Gas Stinger, radius 15 meters, persists for 25 seconds. May release multiple Poison Gas clouds.|
- Baby Stingers are the most common. The Alpha Stinger occurs more frequently in caves and later-game biomes (such as the Red Bamboo Fields and the Swamp), often surrounded by multiple Baby Stingers.
- Elite Gas Stingers can be found in the swamp area of the Red Jungle (elevated center part of the map) and also in Caves.
Stingers aggressively attack the pioneer (or, occasionally other creatures such as Fluffy-tailed Hogs) by clawing. Alpha and Elite Gas stingers can also leap up to 10 meters up/forwards. They also attack vehicles on-sight, dealing considerable damage to tractors with a swarm. They can potentially jam wheels for other vehicles.
Stingers make scuttling insect-like sounds when moving (unless in arachnophobia mode, as noted below).
Stingers tend to zigzag and run in circles when moving, attempting to distract pioneers. This can be potentially dangerous when they are attacking in groups.
The leaping attack from Alpha and Elite Gas Stinger has friendly fire: they can hurt or even kill each other. This only happens when the Stinger is attacking the Pioneer and accidentally hurts the nearby creatures.
Alpha and Elite Gas Stingers will climb on each other to reach the pioneer, which can occasionally lead to them falling from a cliff edge. Alpha and Elite Gas Stingers have the ability to climb on almost vertical surfaces, as well as the ability to climb trees and Lookout Towers. They cannot climb on vertical surfaces with negative gradients, such as cliff overhangs. When facing sharp edges, unlike Hogs and Spitters, they can climb downwards.
Stingers usually spawn in groups, with Alpha and Elite Gas Stingers sometimes spawning alone. Some Stinger spawn points only work during night-time, making some areas more hostile during the night.
- If subtitles are enabled, 'Quick Footsteps' will be displayed if a Stinger is moving. Before they attack, it will display 'Slash'. Their leaping attack is subtitled 'Leaping'.
- The Xeno-Basher is effective against stingers.
- Back off to dodge the melee attack.
- Construct a Lookout Tower or at least five stacked Splitters or a Foundation 8m x 4m to fully avoid their attacks (if Alpha or Elite). For Elite Gas Stingers, you may need to stack higher to out-range the poison gas that it releases.
- When standing on a tower of splitters or foundations, Stingers will gather around the base of the tower, moving around. Nobelisks can be effective against groups of them.
- Use the Rifle or Nobelisks to attack them from a distance. It might be difficult to land a Nobelisk precisely, however, due to their fast movement.
- Take caution before fighting multiple Alpha or Elite Gas Stingers due to their high damage (30) and leaping capability.
- Alpha Stingers can be countered by circling around them, forcing it to use it's slash attack, allowing the player to dodge it easily and deal damage.
While Arachnophobia Mode is enabled:
- The hitbox isn't changed
- The cat sprites do not dim and can always be seen clearly, even in dark environments
- The movement sound is silenced and their attack/idle sounds are replaced by cat sounds (loud meows)
- This does not affect environmental subtitles
- Compared to the size of an Explorer:
- Baby Stingers are as big as the wheels.
- Alpha Stingers are as big as roughly half the car.
- Elite Gas Stingers are as big as the whole car.
- There are three total cat sprites seen while Arachnophobia mode is enabled, two of which are from the same cat. It has been confirmed that both cats belong to Coffee Stain developers.
- The internal names for the four kinds of Stingers are called "CaveStinger_Child", "Stinger_Child", "EliteCaveStinger" and "EliteStinger". This naming scheme is misleading, as the "CaveStinger" is an indicator as to whether or not a stinger will spawn during the day time (i.e. not only caves, but also places such as the swamp & Red Jungle).
- Alpha Stingers occasionally miss a hit if the pioneer is exactly underneath their body.
- Unknown patch between Patch 0.3.3.0 and Patch 0.3.5: Elite Stingers now drool green liquid to distinguish them from Large Stingers.
- Patch 0.3: Now make cat sounds when Arachnophobia mode is enabled.
- Patch 0.1.16: Minor tweaks to the Elite Stinger.
- Patch 0.1.15: Introduced the Elite Stinger to the Red Jungle.
- Patch 0.1.14: Fixed an on load crash related to the Baby Stinger.
- Patch 0.1.5: Added LODs. Now drops Alien Organs.
- YouTube - Coffee Stain - March 18th, 2022 - We pick apart our Community Wiki and talk about unreleased content - Jace from the future with the verdict on Stingers
- YouTube - Coffee Stain - The REAL meaning of fear... [not clickbait</nowiki>]
- Hannah Beuger's message on the Official Discord server
- YouTube - Coffee Stain - March 18th, 2022 - We pick apart our Community Wiki and talk about unreleased content - Stinger Cats names
- YouTube - Q&A: Whose cats were used for Arachnophobia Mode?