Extraction energy is used to calculate the energy usage of a product in a production chain. For example, being used in Alternate recipe analysis.
To calculate the extraction energy of the particular ore / fluid resource, first achieve the maximum mining / extraction rate on the map, overclock all of the miners and extractors appropriately. The summation of the power consumption is then divided by the extraction rate.
For example, for Iron Ore:
- The maximum mining rate is 70380 / min or 1173 / sec.
- There are 33 Impure and 41 Normal Iron nodes on the map, which means 74 Miner Mk.3 to be built on them, each overclocked to 250%, which means MW each.
- There are 46 Pure Iron nodes on the map, which means 46 Miner Mk.3 each overclocked to 162.5%, which means MW each.
- The total power consumption is then MW. Recall that MW means MJ / sec.
- Dividing MJ / sec by 1173 / sec, we will get:
- The average extraction energy for Iron Ore is MJ.