- The building hitbox is about 20 m x 19.5 m, however, the space required to place it down is 25 m x 25 m. Thus, it is recommended to build the Water Extractor first, then build the Foundations (if desired) around it.
- Can be snapped to Foundations or other extractors.
- Sometimes, it can be difficult to place the Water Extractor down due to the depth of the water and the view angle. It is advised to stand on higher elevation such as on a Lookout Tower or ladders before building the Extractors.
- Water Extractors must be built on deep water. When building it, a warning will display if the target water is too shallow. Rivers are usually considered shallow water.
- Water Extractors need a vertical clearance of at least nine meters below the water surface. This refers to man-made buildings only. For example, if a Foundation is located nine meters below the water level, an extractor can then be built above it.
- There are exceptions: as the deep water area classified by the internal game code does not totally match the terrain appearance, there are some areas where Water Extractor cannot be built on them, in which case one must find another water source. However, there are some areas where you can build water extractors despite possessing an inadequate depth of water, or no water at all.
- There is a workaround with underwater Stackable Conveyor Poles, see below.
After a certain distance, water in these areas no longer counts as a water volume for purposes of building Extractors. A build hologram will not appear when attempting to place a Water Extractor beyond this boundary.
To snap Water Extractors to a foundation grid, you must be pointing at a foundation while placing the Water Extractor. The following technique can be used to make this easier:
- Build a Foundation 8m x 4m where you want the output Pipeline to connect. The top of this foundation should be close to the water surface.
- Build a second Foundation 8m x 4m on the far side of where the Water Extractor will be placed. Make sure to leave three foundations of space between the foundations.
- Stand on the first foundation.
- Build a Water Extractor while aiming at the second foundation.
The Water Extractor should snap to the same grid as the second foundation. If you want to snap to the grid of the first foundation make sure it is on the same grid as the second foundation.
This also works from the side, but can be trickier to line up as the snapping point is off-center.
Additionally, holding Ctrl allows the Water Extractors to be snapped next to each other
A Water Extractor provides a head lift of 10 meters, measured from the center point of its pipe outlet.
|Consumption (MW)||2.8 MW||6.6 MW||12.62 MW||20 MW||38.8 MW||60.6 MW||86.6 MW|
|Production (m3)||30 m3||60 m3||90 m3||120 m3||180 m3||240 m3||300 m3|
|Water Usage Rates||Water m3/min||Water generators
|Ratio (@100%)||Water generators
|Coal Generator (@100%)||45 m3||0.375||8:3||0.15||20:3|
|Coal Generator (@250%)||90 m3 (91 m3)||0.75 (0.758)||4:3 (240:182)||0.3 (0.303)||10:3 (600:182)|
|Nuclear Power Plant (@100%)||300 m3||2.5||2:5||1||1:1|
|Nuclear Power Plant (@250%)||600 m3||5||1:5||2||1:2|
- Patch 0.4.0.0: Implemented proper snapping functionality for Water Extractors
- Patch 0.3.4.4: Now should be place-able again in water with enough depth
- Patch 0.3.4.3: Now should be place-able again in more locations (there are still some issues)
- Patch 0.3.4.0: This patch made Water Extractors no longer snap to the water surface, making them impossible to place.
- Patch 0.3.3.0: The fluid display now shows the correct amount
- Patch 0.3.2.1: Now should no longer be upgradable to Geothermal Generators
- Patch 0.3.2.0: Now should no longer be disconnected from water on load when the water volume has been replaced
- Patch 0.3.0.1: Fixed some water volumes on the map causing the Water Extractor to stop outputting. Affected Water Extractors will have to be rebuilt
- Patch 0.3: Introduced
Image of the Water Extractor shown in the Update 3 Trailer
Water Extractors involved in Aluminum production.